Saturday, October 27, 2007

Try these for leave

1. Employee asking for leave
"Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave."
(Sources say the guy was a techie)

2. Yet another one....
"I am suffering from fever, please declare one day holiday."
(May it be a national holiday friend)

3. This one was actually approved by the HR department!
"As my mother-in-law has expired and I am responsible for it, Please grant me 10 days leave."
(Probably the sanctioning authority empathised!)

4. Wonder if he got leave...
"My wife is suffering from sickness and as I am her only husband at home I may be granted leave".
(So who's luckier, you or her?)

5. A daughter's wedding is always a stressed out affair.
"As I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week's leave..."
(Err...)

6. Sigh. School days.
"As I am suffering from my uncle's marriage I cannot attend the class...."
(We can bet it was a cricket match)

7. This is just for half a days leave mind you!
"Since I've to go to the cremation ground at 10 o'-clocks and I may not return, please grant me half day casual leave"
(Sources reveal the HR sent their condolences as well)

WARNING: Reader discretion to be exercised in case you really want to use these for your leave applications!

No comments: